Wednesday, May 26, 2010
What do you do when someone hurts your feelings really badly? Personally, I cry. I wish I were not a crier, it is such an inefficient way to deal with just about anything. The only solace in that is knowing God saves our tears (or so I have been told). I recently went through an experience where I was wronged, really wronged and justifiably angry......until I opened my spiritual eyes and let God show me what I would have missed without this experience. I cannot go into the above mentioned offence without entering into Lashon Hara. That is the Hebrew word for gossip or speaking ill of anyone. Judaism takes Lashon Hara very seriously, it is in the same category as murder. They believe that to assassinate a persons reputation (even if the words are true) is no less of an evil than assassinate the body. The only reason to speak ill of another person (even if the info is true) is to protect human life. So next time you feel offended watch what you say and watch for God to show you what He can do in your situation. I am sorry to say that I did do a little Lashon Hara before I let God get a hold on my heart. Today, I am able to laugh and release my offender mainly because I am so very sure of how much I am loved. Walk the Ahava Road, the Love walk, it is steep and narrow sometimes but the view is great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment